THE MANSON GROWERS HISTORY

In 1959 a group of 15 growers secured $50,000 of funding and formed a small, independently minded cooperative located above Manson, Washington. The taxes generated locally have for many years supported schools and public services in the valley.

Since our small beginning our output has increased from less than 50,000 boxes to over 1,000,000. As the technology developed that would allow improvements in efficiency and quality, the Co-op has made changes in both facilities and equipment through out the years. Our metal sawdust insulated buildings have been replaced with pre-stressed concrete. Our old-fashioned packing line is now a fully computerized commit to pack system. The common storage rooms are now computer monitored CA units that control the atmosphere and temperature of the finest fruit in the world.